|bolted on my zinc plated door hinges|
|and the latch bar|
|also installed the refurbished fender support brackets|
|quick pause to throw in the seats...|
|loose carpet and the steering column went back too (yet again...)|
So now back to the doors. I did a full refurbishment of the doors a while back - in my previous garage in fact, here and here. But that's not all. Back when I shot base coat/clear coat on the trunk and gas tank with their final red, I also painted the door edges (more on this later).
|interior side was previously painted maroon|
|masked that off...|
|sprayed on the bc/cc|
I would have liked to have taken the time to reinstall all the side glass, but by this stage I was in too much of a hurry to get packed and move, so I bolted on the doors with the minimum amount of fuss.
|laid down a bunch of tape to protect my new paint work|
|secured the door at the latch end|
|crude but effective alignment strategy|
|reinstalled the latch and the VIN tag using correct style push-in rivets|
Next up: the trunk lid, starting with my zinc plated hinges.
I described the dangerous procedure for installing the hinge springs here, and I don't have much to add...except that this time I broke my homemade tool. This set me back an hour while I made a stronger replacement out of quarter inch thick angle.
|stronger mark II version|
I used my usual in-through-the-gas-tank-opening approach to align the trunk lid and then dropped in the finished gas tank. Then it was back to packing up more stuff in time for moving.